Silhouetteamerica.com/setup: Getting Started with Silhouette America Setup
Silhouetteamerica.com/setup is your entrance into the world of arts and crafts with the availability of the maximum possible designs and patterns you may use to create eye-catching art pieces every day. Silhouette is an electronic cutting machine that creates a design on your material and cuts it accurately without you having to put any effort. Featuring the shape and size of a small printer, it allows you to create your artworks using any material of your choice that may include paper, vinyl, fabric, cardstock, heat transfer material, wood paper, vellum, faux leather, sticker paper, and many more.
The Silhouette cutting machine works when connected to your PC and therefore, it uses the software called the Silhouette Studio to execute its functions. Moreover, the machine comes available with small and large components integrated to make it the best of the cutting devices available.
Activating Silhouette Studio Upgrade
Upgrading your Silhouette Studio software will let you discover a lot more features that you can use in your Silhouette projects for several personal and commercial purposes. Activating to upgrade is a simple process that needs you to have a purchase code or upgrade code. You can get to the activation process using the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Find an upgrade option on your Silhouette Studio
- Launch the Silhouette Studio software on your PC or Mac.
- Go to the Help menu at the top left side of the page and click on the drop-down menu.
- Now select the Upgrade Silhouette Studio option in the list.
- A new window will open up on your screen where you are required to enter your details.
Step 2: Enter the 16-digit purchase code/registration code
- On the newly opened window, enter your Account email for your Silhouette store, the Account password you use, and 16 digit license code you received on purchasing the upgrade in the provided area.
- Next, after entering all the required information, click on the Submit button. Submission of the details requires you to have an internet connection.
- The Silhouette Studio software will now begin the verification of the details entered by you. As soon as the verification completes, the blue button at the bottom will get the Next button activated.
- Click on the Next button to proceed.
- You will now see a new window opened up with the Activation Successful on your screen. You are now required to click on Finish to complete the software upgrade.
- If you don’t have your upgrade code or license available, you can find it on your Silhouette Store account. For this, you can click on your profile icon and then click on the License key tab. This tab stores the used license keys.
Features of Silhouette America
The Silhouette machine is more of a wonder with its versatility that it provides by cutting variety of materials from hardest to the most delicate ones. Some of the features of Silhouette America machine include the following:
- The device features an inbuilt roller to let you load and cut the materials like paper and vinyl, effortlessly.
- It also comes with an inbuilt crosscutter that allows you to neatly cut the materials of your choice right from the roll.
- It features 3mm of clearance for the thick materials.
- The Silhouette has a sliding lid and a backlit touch panel, providing a touch of elegance to your machine.
- It also lets you cut materials wirelessly with the ability to connect the devices via Bluetooth.
- You also get the print and cut registration capability with the Silhouette America machine.
- It also supports the feature of PixScan.
- The machine gets to operate with the help of Silhouette Studio software that offers you the unlimited designs to use to create your craft projects
- The device works on both Mac and Windows devices.
Parts and Components
Silhouette America Setup will require you to have all the parts integrated into the device in order to make it perform. It comes with the following parts:
- Silhouette America desktop cutting machine
- A/C adapter and power cable
- USB cable
- 12-inch cutting mat
- Handheld blade adjuster
- Tool adapters
Unpacking the Silhouette Machine
It is necessary to unpack the machine for the correct Silhouette America setup. When you take out your newly purchased Silhouette Machine for the first time, you need to be cautious about its handling. Check out the steps you may consider while unpacking the Silhouette America machine.
- Firstly, the Silhouette machine comes protected with several strips of tape, foam, and cardboard to affix the movable parts of the machine in order to prevent any possible damage during the shipment of the item.
- Carefully take out the Silhouette America machine and ensure removing the strip of tapes and the other protective items to let lose the lid and other parts of the machine.
- Now, you need to remove the tabs, three in number that has been used to hold the clear plastic covers on the front of the machine.
- Then, lift the lid of a machine and remove any kind of protective material, the foam or the cardboard if any.
- Also, there may be a tape strip at the back of the machine holding the crosscutter. Ensure removing it too.
Registering Silhouette Machine
Visit silhouetteamerica.com/setup to register your Silhouette machine by creating a Silhouette account. With this step, you gain access to 100 free designs that you can cut with your Silhouette machine and use to create craft projects.
To proceed, you need to follow the given instructions:
- Visit silhouetteamerica.com/setup to create a new Silhouette account. In case you already have an account created, click on the Sign in button and enter your existing login credentials.
- In case you don’t have an account, click on the Sign Up Free option, complete the required information and then, click on Create Account button.
- On the next screen, you are required to enter the details such as the Serial number that you will find on the sticker on the back of your Silhouette machine, including the purchase date and the seller’s detail.
- On the next screen, you will be issued the warranty information, if available for your machine. After having the above registration process completed, you now need to download the Silhouette America setup.
Silhouette America Setup Installation
The Silhouette America machine needs you to download a Silhouette Studio setup that enables you to start using your Silhouette machine to fulfill your purposes. To do this you will need to once again get into silhouetteamerica.com/setup and follow the required procedure to get the setup downloaded and installed on your device successfully. Silhouette Studio is software that can compatibly work with both Windows and Mac devices.
To download the Silhouette America Setup, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- Initiate the process by visiting silhouetteamerica.com/setup, selecting your Silhouette machine, and then jumping to Step 2 “Download & Install software.”
- Next, you will be required to select your operating system, whether Mac or Windows. The software begins to get downloaded on your device. Now, follow the instructions on your screen to continue with the process. Also, in the case of existing Silhouette Studio software for the previous machine, you will need to update the software to the latest version.
- As soon as the software gets downloaded on your device, you will need to Run the software set up and select the installation options available by default.
- Once the installation gets completed, you may launch the software and begin to use it for making your Silhouette machine work.
- You will have the Silhouette Studio icon created on your screen, which you can use to open the software whenever you feel like working on it.
- You can drag the icon to the taskbar in order to create a shortcut option, which you can use to open the software with a single click.
Connecting Silhouette to PC
You will now be required to connect your Silhouette machine to your PC to start working with it. To do so, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- Press the Power button of your Silhouette machine to turn it on.
- Use the connecting USB cable to connect the machine to your PC.
- Now, go to the Send panel.
- Open the Send panel by clicking on the Send tab.
- Check to confirm if your machine is connected, your machine will display its “Ready” status for your confirmation.
Accessing the Silhouette Design Library
From silhouetteamerica.com/setup you get the Silhouette America setup installed on your PC and you get to access the library of free Silhouette designs you’ve obtained from the Silhouette Design Store. The Design Library also lets you save your designs to your Silhouette library.
- To get into the Silhouette library, you will be required to click on the Library tab. It may ask you to Sign in to your Silhouette account if you are not currently signed in. You will be required to insert your email address and password and click on the Sign In button. In the absence of a Silhouette account, you can create a new account by clicking on the “Sign up FREE” link.
- When you successfully sign in to access the library, you will see some folders on the left side panel of your screen and the designs on the right panel. In case you can’t see any designs in your design space, you can add them later.
- Now, you can organize your Silhouette library by adding personalized folders to store your designs. You can do so by simply dragging the designs of your choice from the right-side panel onto the folder on the left-side panel. You will see the numbers mentioned in each folder’s name that shows the number of designs stored in each folder.
- If you have purchased the designs from the Silhouette Design Store, these will be stored in your Recent Downloads folder. You can then move the designs to different folders.
Silhouette America Setup on Mobile
Similar to your Windows as well as Mac PC, you can work on your Silhouette machine via your smartphone. Silhouette supports both Android and iOS devices, and you can operate your machine directly via these devices without having to open your PC.
Silhouette America Setup on Android or iOS devices
You can download the Silhouette America Setup or app on your Android and iOS devices to start using the machine through your smartphone. To establish a connection between your Android/iOS device and your Silhouette machine, you may follow the instructions given below:
- Open the Play Store or App Store on your device and search for Silhouette App.
- Once you find the app in your search results, click on it and then, click on the Install button.
- The app will get installed on your Android or iOS device.
- Open the app, and enter the login credentials to start using the app.
- If you don’t have an account, create one by entering all the required details.
- Now, on opening the app, you will come across a little cutter icon with a red dot on the bottom of your screen. This shows that the cutter is not yet connected to your device, and therefore, you cannot send a cut job yet.
- To be able to use the Silhouette machine via mobile, you will need to install the Silhouette Studio software on your computer (if not installed yet.) You can do so by visiting silhouetteamerica.com/setup and downloading the software on your PC.
- After getting the software installed on your Windows or Mac PC from silhouetteamerica.com/setup, you will need to connect your Silhouette machine to your PC and eventually power the cutter on. This connection works as a Bluetooth connection that runs in the background for the silhouette machine and your mobile device.
- Now after having the Silhouette machine well connected to your PC, you will need to get back to your mobile app and check the cutter icon once again. You should now see the red dot turned green that shows the cutter is now on and you can now send the cut jobs from your mobile app.
- You can now begin to work on your Silhouette machine on Android or iOS devices and send designs to cut materials right from your smartphone devices with no necessity to use your PC. However, the Silhouette Studio software for PC is far better than the Silhouette app for mobile devices, you can still use the mobile app to achieve most of your purposes.